2 killed, 2 critically wounded after gunman opens fire in Seattle

2 killed, 2 critically wounded after gunman opens fire in Seattle

Dramatic helicopter footage documented the moment Seattle police apprehended the suspect, who could be seen writhing around in pain on the floor, next to the open door of a severely damaged red vehicle.

After firing upon the woman, the suspect shot at a King County Metro bus (route 75). The agency said no other passengers appeared to be injured.

The chaotic scene unfolded in north Seattle just after 4 p.m. Police said that a man approached a 56-year-old female driver in the street and shot her.

There were 12 people on the bus at the time, but King County Metro said in a tweet that none of them were hit. "This is horrifying." This information was not confirmed or denied by authorities yet, who had still to give a news briefing.

"I ducked down really quick for some cover, did like a two-second assessment of my injuries and figured - well, I can breathe, I can think, I can see, and I can talk", Stark said from his hospital room. She said both were conscious but she didn't immediately know their conditions. That driver, a 57-year-old woman, was in satisfactory condition at Harborview Thursday morning.

As cops arrived, the gunman climbed into the Prius and fled the scene at a high rate of speed.

The suspect is also being treated at Harborview, he said.

Following the senseless shooting in Seattle that left two dead, bus driver Eric Stark, 53, is being hailed as a hero for his actions.

The driver was hit in the torso, but was able to walk to a gurney for transport to the hospital, Kenneth Price, president of Amalgamated Transit Union Local 58, told The Associated Press.

The suspect then opened fire on a southbound bus, striking the driver, who turned the bus around to escape the gunman. "I am unspeakably grateful to the King County Metro driver who acted to save lives".

Footage from a nearby traffic camera showed several police cars surrounding a Metro bus, The Times reported. "It's still early", said Switzer.

Aerial TV footage showed a person beside a wrecked vehicle being approached by heavily armed police.

Sand Point Way Northeast is blocked in all directions between Northeast 115th Street and Northeast 125th Street, according to the Seattle Department of Transportation.

Related Articles